Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Smiles

This morning in my reading I came across the Parable if the Persistent Widow (Luke 18:1-8). When considering yesterdays post I just loved the prayer offered by Stormie following the verse:
Heavenly Father, thank You that You are a God who is moved by persistent prayer and You hear me when I cry out to You day and night. Because of that I will always pray and not give up.

I have been working intentional on my prayer life. I know at this time last year and through my pregnancy with Jeremy I was in the word as much as possible. Recently I have noticed that I am lacking in my study and have not been talking with God through out the day - like I was. I have been asking the Lord to open my heart and ears to Him through the day so our relationship will continue to grow. This past weekend as I heard the cries of my Brothers and Sisters it was clear that I need to step it up a notch. I can do better, the Father desires for me to do better.
Please Pray for me on that regard.

On a different tangent ... I was asked to be a part of a one day fair in Noblesville ... to sell my work. EXCITING! I have not committed 100% yet, Aaron and I will talk more about it this week, but we are leaning toward the event. It is pretty exciting! Details to follow.

Yesterday Northview had their annual Staff Day o'Fun .... This is a day that the church staff goes out with the intention of fellowship with each other and spouses and family join in. This was the first year I participated in the full day. Each person had the choice of a morning activity: golf, breakfast @ LePeep or a bike ride from Carmel to Broad Ripple on the Monon with lunch as Bazbeux. Aaron and I selected the bike ride. It was about a 45min ride - GREAT! Unfortunately when your bike has a rock hard seat ... today I am hurting. But it was a great time, with wonderful people. Aaron works with great people!! The day concluded with a pitch in at a family "Barn". I use the term barn loosely, because it is not a barn that holds animals - but a wonderful gathering place. Something you just need to see to understand.
(I look forward to getting my Dad out sometime - he has 8 acres up undeveloped land on 116th street ... this could be an option. )

Today I will be working at Brookside to reconfigure office space ... we pray for wisdom in using the large amount of space the most efficient! I am guessing this will be a multi day task ...

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: