Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why we need to pray for each other

Aaron preached today, he always does a great job - but today the verse that he based the sermon on spoke deeply to me and I felt it necessary to share with our praying community.
He titled the sermon: "Will you rely on self - or will you Pray"
the Scripture he based the talk:
2 Corinthians 1:8-11
8 We do not want you to be uniformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. 9 Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of the many.

For me, I witnessed a new light through this passage - I am sure directly due to the current circumstance of my life. I know that Aaron and I are facing major adversity and trials. (that we know will not be answered for 39 more weeks )
But as stated in this passage, we go through these different situations that we cannot not rely on our self, the only way through is with God. When Paul wrote, he was letting the people of Corinth know that it was not going well for him in Asia - the pressure was far beyond anything he thought they could endure, they would rather die. I can directly relate to what Paul was feeling. Daily I have to lean on God to continue to press on and move forward walking in Faith that God is good and he rewards those that do his will. Reading that Paul received the revelation knowledge the he was put through this time in order to be drawn closer to God - and rely on Him to deliver them - provides hope for me and words to add comfort.

Paul goes on to say that relying on God is part of it ... the other was the community that was praying for him. The community praying, along with God, provided the deliverance necessary. HOW AWESOME!
Reaching out to each other We need to all pray for each other, in all circumstance. Because then Paul finishes this section with the statement ... Then MANY will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of MANY.

How totally cool will it be to come together in the Kingdom, rejoicing and giving praise and thanksgivng when we witness answered prayers. We are all in this together .... no one can do it alone - we need the body in prayer on all things.

For me this is huge, I am the girl that for MANY MANY years could handle everything on my own. I tend to keep large walls around my heart, thoughts, and struggles. Asking for help in my mind was weak - I am slowly but clearly seeing that was a lie constructed by Satan to keep me and those around me from attaining all the glory and blessings that God has in store for those who fully trust him.

I fully believe that through out this trial, over the next 4 months, God is going to do something big in me and around me. Please continue to pray for Me, Aaron and Jeremy - who is moving more and more each day. Jeremy seems to move the most when listening to praise music, Aaron preach, and Aaron whistle. Which until recently, I did not appreciate the whistling of Aaron. :)

Again, we thank all that keep our family on your prayer list - we would also love to pray for you, if you have any requests, please post them and we will add your request to our prayers.

GRACE AND PEACE!!

1 comment:

Go Mom Go said...

What a blessing you all are.

Glory!