Monday, October 25, 2010

a whisper

During my stay in Denver and since, I have heard a whisper of the Lord asking me to prepare a room.
More specifically to prepare a room for children.

Before I go further, we are not at this time expecting. pregnancy remains a prayer request

I think I have a bit of a feel for what Noah felt when the Lord commanded him to build the ark. He lived in a land with no visible body of water and they had never experienced rain. Noah was obedient to the Lord and spent the next 120 years building an ark. The result, when the rain came he was ready.

I have been reluctant to write about this, but I desire to have all prayer warriors to have some insight for specific prayers.

In obedience to the whisper, I will be transforming the "middle room" into a kids room. I had a vision of a crib and bunk beds in that room. Before any of that happens, I must reorganize and reevaluate the items in the room.
Overwhelmed by the work ahead of me, I began in the attic on my Birthday. Yep, making room there - so we have areas to store the items I do not re-purpose, give away, or throw out. We received an amazing blessing from dear friends and family of gift cards to Lowes. These gifts will help us to paint, create window treatments, and develop storage solutions. I am so excited to get to work on the space. So when the kids come, we will be ready.

Northview Church just completed a series called *free. I learned that I am overly concerned with how others think of me - when really I should only be concerned with how God thinks of me. "Am I not trying to win the approval of men or of God? Or and I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, i would not be a servant of CHRIST." Galatians 1:10

So the whole idea of preparing a room, for our future family seems a bit crazy in the present. ... with GOD all things are possible. I certainly do not want to miss a blessing.

I have started a private blog, writing notes to our future children. I do not know exactly how these children will come to be in our home - I only know that the Lord is doing a work in my heart and I love the feeling of being in alignment with HIM.

Exciting times lay ahead ...
GRACE AND PEACE!

3 comments:

The Oppold Family: said...

Beth,
I adore you! You have been a constant in my time of prayer! Thanks for sharing. I'll keep you in my prayers and am anxious to rejoice in your blessings as God's time permits! Hold onto what YOU know to be true! And to all else...ignore! Prayers for wisdom, endurance and peace my friend!

Meg said...

Love this Beth. Thank you for sharing your heart... and your vision. Will definately be in prayer for you. (And I'm so sorry that I chided you for cleaning the attic on your birthday! :) Almost seems an honor now!) Seriously. Thank you for your leadership and your friendship. You are such an amazing steward. :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet them! They will be special children indeed!