Tuesday, October 12, 2010

time to breathe

where have i been?
The end of September was filled with conferences and travel.
I must have been running on empty, because I was so blessed at each conference.
beyond my imagination.

Conference 1:
True Woman 10, Now is the Time ...
This was an amazing time to be filled with a particular focus on Pastors Wives. All the ladies that presented were new to me ... and all POWERFUL!
The only name I recognized, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, but after the conference my eyes have been opened, the veil has been lifted there are many on the journey to living as a Biblical Woman - I had no idea. check them out: TRUEWOMAN
Going into this 3 day conference, I was just moving along, working through how the transition of Aaron was going to effect me ... these 3 days, gave me the time to reflect on how my prayers, actions, and words can honor God and Aaron.
I left feeling convicted that I need to affirm Aaron more. Affirm his leadership in the home and ministry.

Conference 2:
DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative(DVULI) , Reunion - Denver Colorado
Aaron participated in this 15 month program, 1 part grad school , 1 part boot camp, 1 part retreat. DVULI, is a tuition sponsored leadership development program for urban youth workers. (DVULI) Aaron was a part of the Indianapolis City group, 2008. Every 3 years they have a Family Reunion for Graduates and spouses. The reunion is a time to reconnect and be filled with the word of God. There were fantastic daily devotions, keynote speakers, breakout sessions and FUN! We reconnected with the Indianapolis group, and made new friends from all over the nation. Imagine being surrounded by 400 other Urban Ministry Workers ... the stories and work being done across this nation - the Lord is truly up to something BIG! I had no idea the network created by DVULI!

Following the DVULI conference, Aaron and I extended our stay in Denver.
Saturday we had the chance to stay with Jeff and Kim, they have been in Denver 8 weeks. They are the process of planting a church in Denver (harvest bible). hard to believe, that Aaron and I were able to share our start up experiences with Brookside Community Church. I enjoyed spending time with Brooke (3) and TJ (1.5), their little ones.
Sunday, we headed over to Bill and Ann's ... they have been in Denver for a year and half, with their 2 girls Katelyn (9) and Allison (7) - they are soo tall! Both enjoy playing volleyball:) We vegged out at their place, had the opportunity to watch the Colts game (not the colts best showing), head to a state park for a bike ride ... and have a mountain view during dinner.

Having the time to visit with friends, fellowship was just as filling as the conferences. It was fantastic to sit and talk about life. We are so blessed to have friends that are willing to open their homes to us. Providing a time to breathe.

and now we are back, refreshed, refueled, and ready to hit the ground running in the name of the LORD!

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things are all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

GRACE AND PEACE!



No comments: