Tuesday, October 19, 2010

humbled

Today I visited Fishers High School.
More specifically I was a guest of Matt Rund, Performing Arts Department Chair /speech and drama teacher, and Speech Team Coach.
Before Matt taught at FHS, he was at North Central ... his 2nd year was my first year.

So why the visit?

Over a year ago, shortly after Matt and I became friends on Facebook, he asked for permission to use my blog/my story of Jeremy, for a script to use for a speech. I said sure.

Fast forward to last week, Matt sent me a note that he had the student that was perfect for the script would I like to come in and observe.

Honestly, I had forgotten that he had asked ... so I was surprised at the invitation. But made plans to attend class today.

So 10:30 am rolls around - so different to be visiting a school after having been a teacher for so long. My feelings were mixed, what was she going to share - how would i feel hearing someone else share my story - how would i feel hearing someone share her interpretations of my story - I was concerned about my emotions, would i even be able to hold it together.
the scripture from Joel was quite timely:
"Be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go" Joshua 1:7

With the strength of the Lord, and peace from HIM ...
I sat and observed a fantastic prose performance by a talented Senior at FHS.
She was outstanding.
Yes, it was emotional, hearing my story through another voice, my journey with Jeremy and trisomy 13 ... what a blessing.

I am so humbled that the Lord continues to use Jeremy in such a powerful manner. What an honor to be his mom.
How fitting that this weekend Pastor Poe asked us all to bear our hurts and scars to others ... reminding me that HE uses ALL things for HIS glory.
today was no exception.

i am so blessed and humbled.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: