Tuesday, June 8, 2010

simplify

a word from joel.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: "The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple"
(Psalm 119:130, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the obligations of everyday life? Does your schedule sometimes feel complicated?
One of the enemy's greatest tactics is to keep people so busy doing so many good things that there isn't time for the most important thing. Jesus said that in this life one thing is needed and that is to sit at His feet and spend time in His Word. When His Word is a priority in our lives, everything else in life will fall into place.
Today, do you need to simplify your life in order to make room in your schedule for Him? If you're not sure how to order your day, simply ask Him to give you wisdom and show you how to manage your time. He loves you so much, and He loves it when you call upon His name. Remember, He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness. Simplify your life today so you can receive the light and understanding He desires to give to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY Father God, today I surrender everything to You. I give You my mind, will, and emotions. I give You my schedule and ask for Your wisdom to order my days. I choose to put You first and thank You for leading me and guiding me in every decision I face today. In Jesus' Name. Amen


All the activities I am involved with currently are for ministry. It is eye opening to see that even though it is good, the timing might be off, or the work might not be for me to do.
I have found that I busy myself with the Lords work to help take the focus off dealing with myself ... that is not the type of work the Lord desires from me. (am i being a mary or a martha? something for me to consider deeper)

looking forward, doing something "for me" that will also help kiddos ...
Tomorrow ART CLUB starts, I will be working with two small groups during the Summer Day Camp at Brookside Church on Wednesday Mornings. I am excited to use my professional training as a K-12 Indiana Certified Art Educator ... granted I have 12 years experiennce with High School Students and I will be working with 4th and 5th graders ... but what fun! It shakes out to 8 sessions. Today I am going to create the plan and focus. In the past the Art has been craft focused ... I am looking forward to introducing the students to artists they may have never heard of and tapping into some raw talent that simply needs some direction. I pray we will be able to have an exhibit at the end of the summer.
- please pray that my Art Teacher Mind will return, and be sharp - full of HIS wisdom.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: