Thursday, June 3, 2010

one to gnaw on

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

I am reading through the Bible in Chronological order, 365 daily readings. This format provides parallels with the events in Kings, Samuel, Chronicles, it puts the Psalms order of context ... anyway,
I have entered the divided kingdom. The Kings of Israel were bad, bad in the bad way. The kings of Judah, stayed closer to the Lord - but certainly struggled as well. The verse above takes place during King Asa's reign. He had turned to the Lord for help previously, and the Lord provided for him. Without fail. Then when Israel was preparing to attack Judah, he went to a neighbors instead of the Lord for help. From that point on, Asa did not seek the Lord for help again. And Judah faced trouble.

I am gnawing over this verse this morning ... In my Life Application Study Bible, the footnotes say:
It is not sin to use human means to solve problems, but it is sin to trust them more than God, to think thay are better than God's ways, or to leave God completely out of the problem-solving process.

I find myself thanking the Lord that HE is my strength. The last month (or more) has been busy - looking back it was crazy. Nothing was accomplished with out the strength of the Lord.
At the same time, I pray that my heart will be fully committed to HIM. In all things, not some of the time - but all the time. I do not want to be lukewarm or just going through the motions because it is the right thing. It is my desire that the Lord will continue to strengthen my heart to be fully committed, to be in HIS will, always.
And the Lord always knows the true state of our hearts.
I pray that the Lord will convict me in the areas that I fall short. Lord please do a quick work in me, so that I may shine with your Glory, striving to be more and more like your son, Jesus, the model for a heart fully committed to the Lord. I ask forgiveness for when I have not turned to the Lord for help and relied on others over God. Thank you dear Father that you sent the perfect example in your precious son, Jesus. I commit my heart to you- fully thank you for strengthening me. AMEN.


GRACE AND PEACE!Check Spelling

No comments: