Thursday, February 9, 2012

a good word, at the right time

three years ago ... i could never have imagined what God had in store for me, for aaron, for our family. this is a fantastic devotion - at just the perfect time.

He Has another Seed for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...For God has appointed another seed for me...”

(Genesis 4:25, NKJV)


TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

In Genesis, Eve went through a great disappointment. Her son Cain killed her son Able, the first murder in the Bible. I’m sure Eve, like any mother, was devastated and heartbroken at the passing of her son. But I love what Eve said in Genesis 4:25, “God has appointed another seed for me.” In essence, she was saying, “I don’t understand it. It doesn’t make sense, but I trust God. This is not the end. He has appointed another seed.”

Friend, when you go through things that you don’t understand, it is not the end. Nothing is lost in the kingdom. God is going to appoint another seed, and that seed represents the future. It indicates what is coming. If you will let go of what didn’t work out, let go of the hurts and pains, then for everything you’ve lost, God will appoint another seed. You’ll give birth to more in the future than you lost in the past. Keep praying, keep believing, keep hoping because God is for you. Trust Him and embrace the good things He has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, You are the giver of all life! You give life to my dreams, life to my relationships, and life to my mortal body. Today I choose to release the past and embrace the gift of life You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen


GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: