Wednesday, October 12, 2011

a DYI project

i have been spending time on "pinterest" a virtual bulletin board. basically, you can find most anything on the internet, and then pin it on a board - LOVE IT! 


problem is, I spend time looking but not doing. Last week  aaron and i cleaned out the garage, I was inspired to DO something ... I found this bookshelf, that used to be my Grandmothers, one the back written in crayon - their name/address/ $.50 delivery fee ...


So I cleaned it,


 Primed it, 
 painted it! 


I sealed it today, and it will move into the house Thursday:) 


GRACE AND PEACE! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to tell you what a blessing it was to come across your blog here. I got bored one day and decided to "Google" my husband's name, which incidentally is the same as your husband's - Aaron Shelby - and I came across this page.

I first noticed your verse at the top, which has been our family's special verse for years, and my own personal motto for how our life together came to be. I've been reading through some of your posts just to kind of get to know you, and I wanted to finally say hello and introduce myself as the "Other Shelby Family" LOL. We live in Arizona and I thought it was just so neat that you visited AZ for the Ironman competition last year.

I hope it's not too strange that I wanted to say hello, but I thought your bookshelf project was so cute, and also thought it was kind of neat that we had cleaned our garage the same weekend you had posted about yours. I wish you the very best and am praying for your upcoming adoption.

From one Shelby family to another - God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to post as "unknown"...let's try this again...