Tuesday, July 27, 2010

look at GOD!

today was a day only GOD could have ordained - love it when it is obvious!

The morning started with me making the attempt to mow the yard, the battery lasted only for three rows - that is the space between the sidewalk and the road in front of the house. I would have had just enough time to get the yard mowed before it would be time to head out to pick up the jeep. Instead, I learned that the batteries for the lawnmower were not getting a full charge, because the cord is not connecting flush. ugh - but at least now I know.

Aaron then took me to pick up the jeep that looks brand new :) I do not think I wrote about the crash I was involved in 2 weeks ago - but now the jeep is fixed, oh how I missed it.

Then on to meet a group from Northview Church for an activity that would take us to Fashion Mall. While driving to the mall, I was asked if I missed teaching ... the quick answer is not like I thought I would. What I miss is the people, the other teachers and the students. Thankfully I have been able to keep in touch with a many through facebook (I troll pages to see what people are up to - this is your warning if we are friends on FB beware!)

As we entered the mall, each pair (2x2) hit the shops with a list of challenges in hand. I was paired with Miss Janice from Childrens Ministry - our first stop the Apple store, with the explicit direction to enter the store and ask "how can an iPad help me do my job better". We had a plan and entered the store - before I could get to the iPad area I heard "beth beth" ...

A former studnet with her adorable little baby (almost 1) was calling out to me - first it is shocking to realize I have former students with children ... but second I had not seen Erica in a long time. She was one of my devoted jewelry students that spent multiple class periods for 2 years in the studio.

Then with tear filled eyes she filled me in on the recent nightmare of her life and how she had thought many times over the past 2 months to reach out to me ... you see in early June there was a horrible automobile accident - a limo with a wedding party on the way downtown to take pictures. One of the groomsmen was killed - her husband. Shocking, unbelievable, complete tragedy. My heart aches for her loss, and for sweet little Annebelle.

Only GOD could have ordained such a meeting - quite random for me to be in the mall on an ministry assignment ... to cross paths with a dear student, now mom ... now widow. I pray that she will find peace that passes all understanding.

We will work to get together soon, she has also connected with another teacher that I have maintained contact with ... that will be great. All I can do is shake my head and say, "look at GOD!"

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: