Wednesday, September 22, 2010

and the season changes

Today is the final day of Summer, Fall officially starts tomorrow. I find it quite fitting that just as the seasons are changing, Aaron and I are in a season of change and transition.

Immediately in my head when I think of transition - my mind goes to volleyball. For more then half my life i have been "practicing" transition. It is the movement from offense to defense back to offense to defense (you get the idea) - it is the flow of volleyball. Constant movement.

So I am not at all surprised when life also parallels volleyball.

The Lord has Aaron and I on the move again.

This past Sunday Aaron announced that he will be transitioning out of the role as Brookside Community Church Senior Pastor. A position he has filled almost 4 years, in addition to serving as the Northview Church Urban Pastor. Over the past 4 years both ministries (brookside and urban) have grown to the point each is in need of a single focused leader. After MANY months of seeking the Lord, Aaron felt the Lord was asking him to focus on developing Northview Urban Ministry. The search is is on for a Senior Pastor for Brookside Community Church.

I am still processing what this looks like for me ... I have been VERY involved with the Brookside Church Youth Ministry (Sunday and Wednesday) along with helping to train and place volunteers. I believe I will continue to train and develop volunteers for urban environments, to be placed all over the city of Indy - with a focus on the Brookside Community. I have heard it said "urban ministry is bigger then brookside" - I am certain that Aaron and I needed the experiences of Brookside Church to be equipped to do work beyond our imagination.

I am open to how the Lord will use me, we are planning to continue to be involved with Brookside Church on Wednesday Family Nights, and attend Brookside Church one time a month - and Aaron will preach every other month, one time.

Last weekend the Brookside Church Leaders gathered, the Lord has raised up a fantastic group that will continue to serve the Brookside Church congregation. There is stability that has been established over 2 years that will provide a foundation for the next leader to continue to build. What an amazing blessing to step back and say "LOOK AT GOD!" He has been so faithful, and I pray I can do my part and be obedient.

Love the following scriptures ... all from Joel this week:
"But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph…"
(2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)
"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"
(Romans 8:28, NIV)
“Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]”
(Philippians 2:5, AMP)

Prayers are welcome as Aaron and I enter this transition ... as well as for the Brookside Church family. I am rejoicing that the time has come for the Lord to raise up more leaders that will be serving the Brookside Community and the Near Eastside of Indianapolis - ultimately transforming lives and a city!

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: